Educational Information

Learn With Internet...

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Class 12 English Composition

  notesofnepal.blogspot.com       Thursday, August 30, 2018

Heritage Series  Composition-


Composition Writing
· Application letters
· Paragraph writing
· Free paragraphs writing
· Essay writings


Letters of Application for JobLetter of application is written when we need a job. The letters written for a job are formal and official but the letter of application for a job are difficult from those of other common official or formal letters. There are also more common features found in the official letters. The letters of application for a job mainly involves
.
the heading
the superscription,
the salutation,
the body,
the ending
the subscription
the signature of the applicant and
the enclosures.

In every application, we have to write about our education present and previous employment, i.e. experience and references. Nowadays C.V. is necessary while writing a letter of application.We have to maintain the following qualities of letters while writing the letter of application for a job;
1. Polite, readable, clear, correct and to paint the languages,
2. Normal length (not more a page)
3. No boastful proclamations and self-praising and
4. Sense of having self-confidence.
While writing the first sentences of the first paragraph, the following kinds of sentences are common ones:a. I am writing to apply for the position of section officer advertised…………
b. I wish to apply for the post of section officer in your office…
c. With reference to your advertisement published in the Rising Nepal, dated 10th June 2009, for the post of section…………
d. I wish to offer myself as a candidate for the post of section officer advertised in the rising Nepal………………………………………………..
e. I saw your advertisement in The ‘Republica’ stating that you are looking for a section officer for your company…………………………….
f. In response to your advertisement……………
g. I wish to offer myself as a candidate for the vacancy……….
h. Having seen your advertisement published………………..
i. I wish to offer my candidacy for the post of secretary advertised……..
The letters of application for a job having three paragraphs are regarded appropriate ones regarding the number of paragraph.
a. The first or introductory paragraph includes
· Why writing?
· Where and how information obtained? and
· The most important qualification of the applicant for the job(optional).
b. The second paragraph includes
· Academic qualification and experience and
· Determination / promise.
c. The last / three paragraph includes
· Formal ending
· Question about something not specified and
· Enclosures
But this is not a hard and fast rule. There can be more than three paragraphs while
writing an application.
Look at the following example:
Write an application for the post of ‘Lower Secondary Science Teacher’.

Kalimati, Kathmandu
15th Feb, 2010
The Principal,
Glorious International School,
Baneshwor, Kathmandu.
Sub: Application for a Lower Secondary level Science teacher.
Sir,
With reference to your advertisement published in ‘The Republica’, dated 10th June 2009, I wish to apply for the post of Lower Secondary Science teacher. I would like to present the following particulars for your kind perusal and consideration.
I have been teaching as a lower secondary level Science teacher at P.S.B. School for two years since I completed by higher secondary in science from HSEB. As I am guided by the strong zeal to serve my native place, I am determined to serve your institute.
I would be grateful if you kindly provide the opportunity to offer my caliber experience, sincerity and devotion to your institute. My curriculum vitae, testimonials and other documents will tell you about me in detail.
I am looking forward to getting your favorable response as soon as possible.

Yours Faithfully
Sushil Khanal


A. Write an application for the post of a shop assistant.


Samakhusi, Katmandu.
9th February , 2010.
The Proprietor
National Book Center
Katmandu
I am a Nepali citizen living at present in Katmandu. Through the advertisement published in The Katmandu Post on February 7, I came to know that your shop is in need of a shop assistant. As I posses require qualification I wish to apply for it.
My qualifications are as follows: I passed S.L.C. with distinction from boarding school in 2057. After S.L.C., I joined Swaraswati College and passed first year with first division. At present I am prepairing for the exam of second year.
I have go
good working knowledge about dealing with customers. A year before I had worked as a shop assistant in Bidhyarthi Pustak Bhandar. I have good command over English and Hindi. I can hand books and customers properly.
I look forward to hearing from you. If I am called for interview, I would be present with original certificates. I would try my best to satisfy the need of your shop and the demand of customers if I am selected.

Yours Faithfully
 Arjun Bhandari


B. You are now living in one of the flats you visited, write a letter to a friend describing what it's like living there and what the people there are like.


Samakhusi, Kathmandu.
5th March, 2009
Dear friend,
Rameh
It was a great pleasure to read your letter dated February 2003. I am grateful for the gift you sent and express my sincere thanks for the description of your locality. Your description really fascinated me.
The flat I visited is suitable for students. The location, environment and facilities properly match with any student's wish. The rooms have central heating system in addition to water and communication facilities. The building has only two stories, the second of which is occupied by the owner. As they seem peaceful, there is unlikely to be disturbance.
The flat is however quite far from college. So, it is likely to compel me to walk daily for nearly thirty minutes. The second drawback of the flat is there are shops away from it. I have to walk approximately seven minutes even to bring vegetables. Despite these shortcomings, I think the flat suitable for my purpose.
Hope that you get knowledgeable about my intended residence and colleagues. Please convey my Namaste to your parents and family. Expecting a letter soon from you, I wish to end.
With best wishes
Bibek Regmi

C. You've just joined a multi-national class in a summer school. The teacher asks you to introduce yourself to the other students, and to say something about yourself. What do you say?

It is a great pleasure to introduce myself among colleagues, who have come here with high aims. I would like to extend my thanks to our respected teacher. I am John Thapa from Katmandu. I did my school level in the year 2001 from Banasthali School, which is situated near Balaju Industrial State. At present I am waiting for the result of exam, which was held in last November. I am fond of playing football in addition to singing bongs and playing musical instruments. I prefer excursion during vacation. I wish to make friends who can truly be helpful in need. I hate people, who accompany to other only for personal benefits. Regarding culture and county, I am of the opinion that they should be in everyone's heart.
Thank you!

D. What thing in particular: impress you? Embarrass you? Terrify you? Fascinate you? Offend you? Amuse you? Write a paragraph.


The world is full of so many things hat they create different moods in me. I like numerous things extremely, but few things really upset me. People who speak several languages impress me very much. I like the way they can switch their tongue so easily. I find people who talk about themselves embarrassing, for them nothing is more important than themselves. I get terrified with unreliable people, as they desire to let other people down. I find optimistic people fascinating, for they never expect bad things to happen. People who smoke in restaurants offend me. I get amused with gullible people, as they believe whatever is said to them.

E. write paragraph describing each of the followings. a. beggars, b. nudist
Beggars

Beggars really annoy me. They occupy any place they like, especially crowd places. It not only hinders the beauty of the city but also destroys the fame of the city. Police personals have to chase them time and again. This scene really disturbs any rational being. I find beggars irritating. They cling to the people and beg as if they are recently born puppies. Sometime they disturb tourists by begging. They defame Nepalese people’s identity. Moreover they terrify me. Every theme I see them I try to be away from them. Many of the beggars are involved in criminal activities. Some of them get involved in murder activities also. People use them in petty interests like smuggling. I object to the way they show they show their wonder fresh everyday. If there is any thing that I can’t stand it is people who prefer to beg instead of earning their livelihood by working.
NudistsNudists shock me very much, as they do not keep to social codes. Human beings are regarded as the most developed as they can live with the code established by the society codes is to put on clothes. As nudists do not think it necessary to put on clothes. I find them uncivilized. I think they are the beasts in human form. I find embarrassing. When walking with relatives their appearance compels me to hide my face. Fathers walking with their daughters should hide their face worth shame. I get terrified with nudists, as they are likely to create disorder in society. Their nakedness might result into the increment of sex violence in society. I object to the way they advocate about the benefits of being naked. I find their logic ridiculous. I don’t think that it does any benefit. If there is one thing that gets on my nerve it is people who can’t have behave themselves as human.

Topics For Further Practice :
Advantages/disadvantages of
· Television
· Studying in Foreign Country
· Cell phones( Mobiles)
· Advertisements
· Internet or Web

Other topics:
· Living in urban or rural area
· Peace Education
· Politicians
· Police Description about the robber that robbed in your or in your neighbors house
· Most interesting event in your college life/ in school life
· Most interesting event of your childhood


F. Develop the following into a paragraph describing your reaction.


a. I found that TV documentary very interesting.

That TV documentary really appealed me. I found the subject matter truly fascinating and I liked the way the director has treated the subject matter. He is successful in presenting the bitter reality of rustic people living in karnali region. The exploitation to poor people depicted in the bitter reality of rustic people living in karnali . the exploitation to poor people depicted in the documentary shocked me much. The anchor’s presentation impressed me. I found his voice properly matching with the demand of subject. The language used in the documentary was interesting. Photographer’s skill was very praiseworthy. The way he has used lights matches with the subject matter. His use of dark light for serious atmosphere and bright light for gay atmosphere is really interesting. But the thing I found most impressive is the way the documentary dared to present such important aspect of the people who are considered most backward. If there is any TV documentary that I have liked most it is none other than karnali ko serophero.

G. Write a paragraph describing a dental appointment that took longer than expected.


Appointments, especially clinical, are always tiresome and tedious. One has to wait beyond expectation to get a short advice. To avoid such a problem. I had enlisted my name two weeks before. I had expected that there would be no trouble in seeing dentist in time. I had been to clinic warily in the morning hopping to get appointment before eight, but as it happened I didn’t see any sign of doctor till eight. I had intended to have mine checked in time , but unfortunately my turn didn’t come till half eight. There were, according to receptionist thirty patients enlisted before mine. Truly speaking. It was eleven before I arrived to my home.

H. To what extent can you judge people’s characters from their faces? What other things can tell you what people’s characters are like ?


People’s character can be determined, to some extent, with some aspects of the person’s many people find it impossible thing to but I don’t suppose so. After observing a person’s facial appearance minutely, I can determine nature of the person. If the person’s if the person’s noise is crooked. Such person is egotistical. S\he has high opinion about him\her. other people’s for them are nothing in comparison to themselves. People with broad for head are generally thoughtful. They have the tendency of thinking seriously before they do any work. They like to get involved in the observation of natural beauty. They are intellectual. Quick thinking and imaginative, but wish to know excessively about others people’s activities. People having double chin are skeptical. They suspect on the character of others. Many of them are single minded and serious.

A long with appearance, other aspects like the way one talks. The way one walks can be helpful in knowing a person. People who put clothes carelessly never worry about what other think about them. Such people are interested only in merrymaking and enjoyment. Quite contrarily, people who always wear clean clothes are interested in showing their superiority. They have high opinion about themselves. Other aspect like talking also tells what a person is like. Nevertheless exception works in some cases.


Letter to the Editor1. Write a letter to a newspaper saying how you fell about the growing use of computer in our daily live.


Samakhusi, Katmandu
16th March, 2010
The Editor
The Kathmandu Times
Katmandu
Sir,
I would be grateful if my article on the context of this modern changing world of innovation is published in your small column of newspaper. I hope millions of readers will advantage from this article.
The following is my view on the growing use of computer in our daily lives. Computer has become essential part of human life in the present world. Consequence, the users have been increasing day by day. Whether one is doing official or personal work, one prefers to use computer life, without computer, has become almost unimaginable. No doubt computer makes our task easier; it enables people to work efficiently and it prevents people from working in weather extremes. Undoubtedly it has made communication easer efficient and less time consuming. Nevertheless, computer do have reverse side too. Excess use of computer results into the loss of eyesight in the long run. Computer brings sex and violence in screen. Which result into the increment of sex violence. Teenagers utilize computer in such a way that their mind get corrupted mind crosses social norms and values. Eventually such deeds are sure to bring social disorder. Moreover it makes people lazy and unsocial as they wish to spend much of their time with computer.
Computers do have advantages as well as disadvantages. Surely, advantages that people can get greater than disadvantages. If people use computers wisely, they can reduce disadvantages.
Sincerely Yours
Birat Sapkota


2. Write a short article for a magazine entitled ‘keeping a dog in a flat’


amakhusi, kathmandu
 10th March, 2010.
The editor,
The Katmandu post
Anam Nagar
I have forwarded this article with the hope that it will be published in your magazine. Keeping a dog in a flat is very difficult job though numerous prefer to do it. One who desires for it at least should have knowledge of what, how and why. Otherwise, keeping a dog in a flat is a troublesome job.
The owner should have knowledge on what he has to do. The first essential task is to teach the puppy about the time and place of doing excretion in teaching. Training is however not all in all. A good owner should know the way to talking care of dog. Dogs usually like flesh, so they should be fed with meat. Dogs should be vaccinated against various disease. Otherwise they might cause rabies, which is very dangerous. Despite the fact that training and caring are time a member of difficult the it keeps our house safe from burglars and unwanted visitors. Hope that my article would be given a place.
Faithfully Yours
Anmol Gurung


Topics For Further Practice :
a) Strike and Its impact
b) Non-practical Students
c) Peace in Education
d) Crime and Conflict
e) Human Rights
f) Political parties and the constitution
g) Crisis of security
h) Climate change
i) Computer education social evils in your society
( For further details look at the handouts-4 provided in the class)
Free composition Practice

1. Someone ask you ‘have you ever been hurt in a fight’? what do you say?


Truly speaking, I don’t like to get involved in fighting, for I am peace loving. Despite my nature, I had been hurt very badly during union’s election in college. It was the year 1999 and the time was 6pm. The election result had only been announced even a clash started between the winners and losers I was in the college premises just watching the events in surprise. Suddenly stones started flying from all the directions. In no time police arrived there and started ‘lathi charge’. I attempted hard to get out of the place but all went in vain. A police man charged ‘lathi’ at my back. Though I tired to convince that I was not involved, he charged for the second time. His behavior really irrigated me. In my anger, I caught his lathi and tired to seize. We struggled for sometime. At last, I could take it away from his hand. As I became successful in doing so, o charged the policeman with it. I think I charged for more than five times over his head. In my sixth attempt, I heart the sound of tear fast gullet blasting. I was really afraid of it. I threw the stick on the ground and tired to be away from there. But my attempt went in vain as I left a lathi hitting continuously over my head. In no time I lost my consciously over my head. In no time I lost my consciousness. When I was conscious, I was in hospital bed. Around me were my relatives watching at me. This is the only one time I have been hurt in a fight.
Essay Writing:

1. Essay on advantages and disadvantages of computer.


Great advancement in the field of science and technology has resulted into the invention of numerous devices, which have made our life easy and comfortable. Among the devices, which are widely used in the present time, is computer. Indeed computer has become basis need of modern people. There is a symbol of modernity. Despite this fact computer like other devices has pros and cons. Having computer certainly has disadvantages but there are some good aspects of it too. Computers are useful in business, in education and home. The use of computer has reduced time span of many works. Any works can be done sitting in a place and pressing few keys. It has enabled people to know happenings of the world shortly after it happens. Computer has made it easier for people to communicate in addition to saving time and money. Formerly, operating business used to be totally manual work. Because of payments to be made for workers, goods used to costly. The use of computer has surely reduced cost of goods. Moreover, a chance of miscalculation is very less if done with computer than with a human brain. The use of computer in education sector has brought changes in the age-old teaching materials. Way viability of materials allows teachers to use them for effective educating. As in business and education computer is useful at home. Leisure time of family members does not become burden. They can si at a place and spend time watching any movies they like. Computer puts a stop to writing letter, posting it and waiting for the reply.
Needless to say computer has numerous advantages. Nonetheless it has disadvantages too use of computer results into unemployment as computer can perform the duty that might need nearly six to seven workers. Unemployment is likely to result into crimes. Continuous work with computer causes loss of eyesight in the long run. Internet, which is widely used to see pornographic scenes, corrupts the mind of teenagers. Due to it, sex- violence increases rapidly. Computer has direct impact on culture of any nation. The eventual impact of computer in society is uncertain, but they are likely to cause total disorder in society.
Computer has disadvantages, but advantages are not less. Faults are not inherent: they are man made. As defects are man-made, they can be reduced and computer can be used for the benefits of human beings.


Some Topics for Further Practice:

1. Gender Education
2. Future Developments in World Population
3. Role of youths in Nation Building.
4. Nepal Tourism Year-2011
5. Nepal Tourism Year-2011: Prospects and Challenges
6. Multiple Intelligence
7. Peace Education
8. Practicality/ Practical Students
9. Economic Challenges in the World10. Inter-Cultural Communication
11. Strike and Its impact in our Education
12. Environmental Pollution
13. Natural Disaster
14. Human Rights
15. Technical Education
16. Culture

logoblog

Thanks for reading Class 12 English Composition

Previous
« Prev Post

2 comments:

  1. "What Is Google Word Coach?
    Google Word Coach is a test game created by one and only Google. It is made to improve jargon. It is created for non-English talking nations.

    How Do I Open Google Word Coach Quiz?
    Simply open the Chrome program and quest for ""Google Word Coach {https://www.seoexpertindelhi.in/google-word-coach/}"" on Google. Also, the game will begin."

    ReplyDelete

Comment here,,,,,,